“Oops! Now What?” Fixing Mistakes Creatively
A one-hour Power Point lecture.
Some people say there are no such things as mistakes, they are just “design opportunities”. In this lecture Amy will show examples of quilts which were going wrong, and how they were rescued.
Some of the techniques which will be covered:
- Covering up mistakes with applique
- Cutting off mistakes and adding new additions
- Using left over blocks in a new quilt
- Splitting an ugly top and adding strips
- Embellishing to distract from mistakes
- Using tulle (bridal veil netting) to change colors or cover seams
- And many, many more!
Amy will bring digital projector. Guild must provide extension cord, projection screen and microphone.